This 87-page report is the result of our ongoing Vinitrac® quantitative survey of regular wine drinkers in Germany and in-depth trade interviews with local industry experts. Drawing on market experience and secondary sources to support our detailed analysis of how the market is performing today, the report also looks to the future and identifies key trends driving the market forward.
Germany Landscapes 2017 in English
Germany Landscapes 2017 auf Deutsch
Germany is a well-established wine market, but recent consumer behaviour suggests new business opportunities are emerging. German regular wine drinkers are becoming increasingly engaged within the wine category and are trying new and different styles of wine, particularly the younger consumers. The way they purchase wine is also changing with more choosing to buy through the internet and far fewer buying through mail order. This suggests that there are more opportunities for wine brands to engage with German consumers.
Drawing on data collected from our July 2017 wave of Vinitrac® (the world’s largest ongoing omnibus survey on wine consumer attitudes and behaviours), trade interviews, secondary sources and market experience, the Germany Landscapes 2017 report features:
▪ Key trends in the German market and current opportunities
▪ Demographics of regular wine drinkers in Germany by gender, age, region and income
▪ Profiling of regular wine drinkers in Germany by age and segmentation
▪ Wine buying behaviour, including channel and retailer usage as well as choice cues
▪ Wine producing country and region awareness, and varietal consumption
▪ Consumption frequency and spend per occasion in both the off- and on-trade
▪ Wine attitudes, wine involvement and attitudes towards wine closures
▪ Wine brand health analysis and insight, and measures such as brand awareness, purchase, conversion to purchase, consideration, affinity and recommendation
▪ A full user-friendly data table with data from the questions asked of consumers, cross-tabbed by gender, age, region and income